Review by: Mhark Jhoshua Q. Torres
Thank you BQEYZ and Ms. Elle Zhou for letting us give our honest take towards the BQ3. Given that the review unit is from them and is free of charge, it doesn’t affect the honesty and integrity of this review.
The BQEYZ BQ3
Fit and Comfort
I love IEMs and earbuds with mid-centric to flat sound signature as I really love listening to vocals rather than instruments. My genre ranges from heavy rock, alternative rock, pop rock, acoustic, pop, jazz and folk. Majority of my test tracks are in 16 bit – 44 khz and 24 bit – 48 khz FLAC file and here is the list of my common test tracks.
- Reese Lansangan – For the Fickle (background, female vocals and upper mids)
- Foo Fighters – Bridge Burning (Imaging, Layering, Coherence, Sub bass and Mid bass, Mids, Treble)
- Jensen and the Flips – Come Closer (Mid Bass, Mids)
- Ed Sheeran – Dive (Mid bass, Lower Mids)
- Norah Jones – Don’t Know Why (Upper Mids and Instruments)
- Paramore – Hard Times (Imaging, Layering, Coherence, Sub bass and Mid bass, Mids, Treble)
- Utada Hikaru ft. Skrillex – Face My Fears (Imaging Layering, Bass, Mids, Treble, Coherence, Quickness)
- Passenger – Coins in a Fountain (Mid bass, Layering, Imaging, Instruments, Lower mids, Treble)
- Tori Kelly – Hollow (Background, Upper mids)
- Ariana Grande – Raindrops (Background, Upper mids)
Sound Stage and Resolution
Synergy and Sound Signature
Shanling M3s + Periodic Audio Ni
Smartphone (Huawei Mate 10)
Tin Audio T3
TFZ T2 Galaxy
The BQ3 looks and sounds great, it has powerful bass without compromising speed and tightness, deep and textured sub bass that delivers rumbles and riffs very well. Midrange is quite smooth and lush but it doesn’t sound veiled at all, upper midrange might lack transparency but it doesnt sound sibilant. Treble is the weak spot, smooth and quite laid back, airy and quick in return. Sound stage is pretty nice for the price but I still prefer the staging of T2 Pros. Lastly resolution is above average especially for a smooth sounding IEM this is pretty detailed. I would say that not everyone would love this IEM but for those who hate treble peaks and love that meaty midrange and bass, this is the budget IEM to get, good job BQEYZ!